Welcome to Church Surgery
More info on covid 19 vaccine click here or https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/immunisation-and-vaccines/covid-19-vaccination-information/
We are awaiting FLU vaccine delivery and have started booking patients in to Saturday clinics starting Sept 25th. If there is an unforeseen problem with this plan then we will contact you.
If you have an appointment, please take note of the essential information below: -
- DO NOT ATTEND if you have any Covid like symptoms, including a temperature, cough and/or altered taste or smell.
- ARRIVAL- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time. Appointment times are staggered in order to ensure safe flow through the building and allow time for cleaning, infection control, PPE changes, etc.
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE please follow the signs for the flu clinic at the front of the building
- PLEASE WEAR appropriate clothing to allow for ease of access to your arm.
- COME ALONE unless you are a cared-for patient or a carer attending with the patient. Please telephone us for more information.
- USE THE TOILET BEFORE YOU COME - Toilet facilities will only be available in an emergency.
- DO NOT BRING BAGS or extra items into the clinic.
- PLEASE OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING while waiting outside.
- HAND SANITISER will be provided and must be used before entering and when leaving.
- PLEASE WEAR A FACE COVERING - If you are unable to do so for medical reasons, YOU MUST inform the practice prior to your appointment.
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND YOUR APPOINTMENT please notify the Practice in advance.
If you do not wish to have the influenza vaccination this year, we would be grateful if you would ring Church GP Practice to let us know. We can allocate your flu vaccine to another patient and remove your name from the list so that we do not contact you again.
General Information: We will update you via this website and via facebook as the Covid-19 situation changes.
We first offer e-consult (electronic ), telephone or video consultations then we decide with the patient whether a face to face appointment is needed or not.
Patients who have a pre booked appointment (made on the phone) please ring the bell at the front door. Please wear a close fitting face covering. Staff will be wearing PPE.
Our staff are at work and we have the ability for some GPs to work from home on laptops - you may see number witheld or private number when they call you.
Medical queries - We are open for phone calls as usual. We have started using an electronic system for patients to contact us with non urgent concerns (see e-consult link above) and we can also make Video calls if needed.
Prescription requests/queries are now being taken on the phone or via email or through letterbox in our front door. We will send prescriptions directly to a chemist of your choice.
Administrative queries are also now being taken via e-mail eg for letters, sick note requests, insurance forms etc. Please click on the e-consult tab above. Or you can use the email address as follows BUT please don't click on the link to it as it doesn't work. You will need to type the address in manually for now. Enquiries.W92014@wales.nhs.uk
Sick notes please specify reason and dates work finished and when you hope to restart. You can e-mail this information to us as above using e-consult. We may phone you to clarify.
Palliative care patients - will continue to receive care from doctors and nurses in the community.
Looking after the vulnerable/at risk groups: We are contacting high risk patients with poorly controlled COPD, Asthma or diabetes and heart problems to maximise their treatments. Social distancing is now recommended for everyone and especially recommended for high risk individuals (>70yo, those with poorly controlled significant medical problems - essentially anyone who is entitled to and NHS flu vaccine and pregnant women.) Communities will need to try and support each other as much as possible as the government recommends limiting movement outside of the house.
Official information for those struggling with practical issues can be found on www.ceredigion.gov.uk/resident/coronavirus-covid-19/list-of-resources-in-ceredigion or unofficially on facebook ceredigion coronoavirus support.
Our team of receptionists, administrative staff, Health care assistants, prescribing technicians, nurses and doctors are here to help however we can at this difficult time.
(Site updated 17/09/2021)